Here are our frequently asked questions.
Anticipating your needs, we have tried to make it as comprehensive as we can, then too if you
can't find your queries answered then please do email us. We want your BitFang experience to be
a wonderful one, and that means making sure that you get the help you need to get you going.
If you still need help, click on the Contact Us link on the bottom of the home page. This will take you to the page
which gives you all the information you need to contact us. It's important to include as much information as possible
when contacting us.
PRODUCTS & STOCKS
1. What happens when an item is out-of-stock?
BitFang.com will give the customer the date that the order will be available next or refund 100% of the charges to the customer.
2. Can a customer pre-order a product that is not yet in stock?
Yes you may be able to pre-order a product that is not yet in stock. Contact our customer service team for further assistance.
3. How reliable is product "availability"?
Product availability is updated daily. In case of an availability problem, where the number of orders exceeds the current stock level, you will be informed by email or call with an expected availability and delivery time for your order.
4. Do you stock any other products?
All the products available are shown on the website.
5. How do I find accessories for the product?
There is list of all the accessories available for the selected item attached to the product information. With this list you can easily find the accessories we stock for your product. However if you are looking something specific you can always mail us and we will get the best prices for you.
6. What is your pricing policy?
We attempt to offer the most attractive prices online. If you find a product cheaper elsewhere, kindly mail us the details and we may try to match it.
7. What happens if the price of the product changes between my placing an order and receiving the goods?
Once your order is placed and the payment is accepted and validated, we cannot change the price.
1. How will I keep track of my order's progress when I submit an order with BitFang.com?
BitFang.com will keep the customer informed of the order via e-mail. The tracking number will also be emailed to the customer once the item is shipped.
2. Does BitFang.com accept phone, fax, email orders?
All orders must be placed online.
3. How long does it generally take to process an order?
It takes two business days for us to process an order (prior to shipping it). Once the order has shipped, your estimated time of arrival will be determined by your selected shipping method and the shipping guidelines as per the destination.
4. Was the consumers order submitted successfully? The consumer was not able to see the order confirmation page.
If the consumer didn’t see an order confirmation page even though the consumer clicked the last submit button, our server probably still received your order. This happens when communication back to your PC is interrupted following your order submission. Please wait approximately 15 minutes and refresh your order status page in order to confirm whether or not your order was successfully submitted. If you still do not see it, please call the customer service team.
5. What should a customer do if a duplicate order has been placed by mistake?
It takes a maximum of 15 minutes for all new orders to appear in “my account” for all registered customers. All non-registered customers please contact customer service. Should a customer place a duplicate order erroneously, one of the two orders can be cancelled without any re-stocking fees.
6. A customer is advised that his order is void. Why?
If an order is placed but the credit card is declined or the shipping address cannot be verified within 5 business days, the order is void. Automated emails are sent to the customers’ login email address any time there are issues in processing the order.
7. Can a customer change his order once it has been submitted?
Unfortunately a customer cannot change his order after submission of the same.
8. Can a customer combine two separate orders to save on shipping costs?
As per the shipping policies two orders cannot be combined to save the shipping costs. It is up to BitFang to send the shipment to you in the best manner it so desires.
9. Can I reactivate an order that has been voided or cancelled?
A customer can place a new order online. An order cannot be reactivated once it has been cancelled or voided.
OFFERS & SERVICES
1. What benefits can I avail of by signing up for a BitFang newsletter subscription?
* Offers and promotions exclusively for newsletter subscribers.
* Advanced notice on limited time offers.
* Exclusive promo codes.
* Discount Coupons.
Subscription to the BitFang.com Newsletter to get our hottest deals delivered directly to you.
2. How can I subscribe to the BitFang.com subscription e-mailer?
Simply click on our website and from the main page you can enter your email id to subscribe for a BitFang Deal.
if you are logged into your BitFang account then you can Click here to subscribe to the BitFang email.
3. How can I un-subscribe to the BitFang.com e-mailer?
At the bottom of each email there will be an unsubscribe link. Simply click on that to unsubscribe.
if you are logged into your BitFang account then you can Click here to unsubscribe to the BitFang email.
4. What is a Gift Certificate?
A gift certificate is a BitFang document available in various denominations which can be purchased from our website and which can be presented as a gift at full value to purchase items from us within a time limited period. Certain restrictions may apply which will be documented on the Gift Certificate itself.
5. How does a consumer redeem his BitFang.com Gift Certificate?
Simply enter your Claim Code and Security Code in the “Redeem Gift Certificate” area on the shopping cart page. BitFang.com Gift Certificates must be redeemed through the BitFang website, www.bitfang.com towards the purchase of any product(s) listed in BitFang.com online catalogue. Gift Certificates can neither be refunded nor used to purchase newer Gift Certificates of a later date.
6. How long after buying a Gift Certificate does it take for a Gift Certificate to be sent out?
Immediately after the consumers order is processed (typically 24-48 hours), a gift certificate is automatically sent to the recipient’s email address.
7. Do BitFang.com Gift Certificates expire?
Yes, Gift Certificates have a validity of 15 months. They are transferrable from the original user to another user.
8. Can a consumer redeem a Gift Certificate toward a purchase that exceeds his Gift Certificate amount?
Yes, the consumer can redeem a Gift Certificate that exceeds the Gift Certificate amount and pay the remaining amount by another acceptable mode of payment.
9. In what denominations can BitFang.com Gift Certificates be purchased?
Gift certificates can be purchased from BitFang.com in denominations of Rs.500, 1000, 5000.
10. Can I get cash or reimbursement back for unused value from a gift certificate?
No, you cannot get unused amounts from the Gift Certificate value.
11. What is a promo code and how do I earn BitFang exclusive promo codes?
Promo codes are unique codes generated by BitFang to offer special deals to our customers. These will be made available to our special and regulars and also to those who have subscribed for the BitFang newsletters. Each promo code will be unique and will apply to certain products or categories. These are to be utilised during the checkout process.
Additionally promo codes are to be issued to volume customers and businesses who qualify for volume discounts.
12. How do I redeem BitFang.com exclusive promo codes?
One can redeem the promotional codes by entering the code at the checkout stage.
13. What is a Shopping Cart?
An online shopping cart is similar to the cart you use in physical supermarkets. You add items that you wish to purchase into it and proceed to pay for your order. You can add as many items you want.
1. How does a consumer get the tracking number?
The tracking numbers for each day's shipped orders are automatically emailed to the consumer after the order is placed and ready to be shipped after processing.
2. How do I track my shipped package(s)?
We want you to receive your order in the way that's most convenient for you.
You can choose from several ways to ship. The shipping charges depend on the shipping method that you choose.
3. The consumers tracking number is not working. What should the consumer do?
The consumer needs to contact the customer service team and mention the problem.
4. The consumer was not available to receive the package(s) when the courier agent returned. What are the options?
Three attempts will be made by the courier agency for the consumer to receive the products. After failure to accept the product after 3 attempts the product will be shipped back to BitFang.com at the customer’s expense. A redelivery would include shipping expenses charged to the customer again.
5. The courier agency returned the order/package to bitfang.com. What happens now?
Once BitFang.com receives the package, the company will once again contact the customer for charges related to reshipping and Return to Origin costs, i.e. the cost to bring the product back to BitFang from the customers address.
6. What should I do if an item is missing from my order?
If an item is missing from the order, follow the process outlined below:
1. Please DO NOT accept any open boxes.
2. Verify that you've received a box for each tracking number associated with your order.
3. If all boxes have been delivered but you are still missing an item, check the packing material for small items.
4. Contact the manufacturer with a short shipment complaint in case the manufacturers sealed box is missing any particular item/s.
5. Contact BitFang.com customer service team.
PAYMENTS / REFUNDS / CREDITS
1. How do refunds/credits work? How is a refund/credit applied?
The credit applied is always charged back to the consumer’s credit card. In case of the initial order being paid by cheque or direct debit or any other means, we will typically issue a cheque for the refund amount. The mode of refund amount is at the sole discretion of BitFang.com
2. Approximately how long will it be before a refund/credit actually appears on my credit/debit card?
As per the banking regulations it will take about one month for the refund/credit to appear on your card.
3. What payment methods does BitFang.com accept?
1. Debit card ( Visa / Master Card )
2. Credit card ( Visa / Master Card )
3. Cash Deposit in BitFang.com account
4. Cheque payments (for volume and business customers)
5. Demand drafts
6. Online Bank Transfers
7. Pay Pal (Coming Soon)
1. How do I return a product to BitFang.com?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your shopping experience at BitFang.com. When you need to return a product to us, please follow the easy steps listed below to make sure your return is handled promptly and efficiently.
* RMA numbers will be issued by BitFang.com and will be valid for 7 business days only and product must be received within that time.
* RMA numbers cannot be extended or re-issued.
* Clearly mark each address label of each package being returned with the RMA number. DO NOT WRITE ON THE MANUFACTURERS BOX.
* All returns MUST be 100% complete, contain ALL original boxes and packing material, have original manufacturers boxes, contain all blank warranty cards, accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer. Incomplete returns will not be eligible for a replacement and will be returned to the sender. All shipping costs must be borne by the customer.
2. How long does it take for BitFang.com to process a RMA?
RMA processing time may vary depending on the product and reason for the return but generally processing time is 3-5 business days once the RMA is received and meets all of the required criteria mentioned in our “Return Policy”. A small percentage would be unresolved due to various reasons e.g. if your return was missing part of the product (such as accessories, the retail box, a battery, etc.) that we need in order to accept the RMA.
3. Is it mandatory to have a RMA number in order to return a product to BitFang.com?
Yes. The consumer must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number within the applicable Return Policy period. Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for 7 days. BitFang.com must receive the returned products within this timeframe. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued. Customer should prominently display the RMA number(s) on the shipping label of boxes containing the returned product.
4. Is it necessary to return each individual accessory? What should the consumer include with his RMA?
Yes for a return order to be accepted each individual accessory needs to be included. All original equipment, components, manuals, cables, documents and packaging must be returned. Please return all accessories with the RMA.
5. How does a consumer acquire a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA No.)?
Contact Customer Service to request for a RMA number.
6. What address should the consumer send the returns to?
R69, Opp. Juhu Beach,
Juhu Tara Road,
7. Does BitFang.com pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise? Does BitFang.com pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?
No, BitFang.com does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. The company is not responsible for product defects because BitFang.com does not manufacture the products.
1. How can a customer change his/her login ID?
* Click the My Account button located at the top right of the BitFang.com webpage.
* Click Account Settings under the Options menu to your left. You must be logged in.ick Account Settings under the Options menu to your left. You must be logged in.
* Change your BitFang.com login ID by updating your email address accordingly.
2. The customer is getting a message. "SORRY YOU HAVE FAILED TO LOGIN TOO MANY TIMES. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER." Have I been locked out?
The server allows 5 login attempts. On 5 unsuccessful logins, the account will be locked for 30 minutes for the user’s security. Please try to login again after 30 minutes.
3. Does BitFang.com sell or release a customer’s personal information?
4. What can a consumer do if he/she is having trouble with the shopping cart?
Shopping cart problems usually occur for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Cookies are not enabled, or your browser is configured to block BitFang and/or secure.bitfang.com cookies. NOTE: In some cases, the cookies on your computer may become corrupted. If you've verified that BitFang.com and secure.bitfang.com cookies are being accepted and you're still experiencing problems with the shopping cart, please clear your cookies & cache, close your browser and try again.
2. The master clock on the computer is not set correctly.
3. The computer you're using is behind a firewall.
4. The item you are trying to purchase is sold out, or there is a lesser quantity than you wish to purchase. If all else fails, try closing all open programs and restart your computer, or try from a different computer.
5. The consumer has not been able to login to the BitFang.com website. What can a customer do?
If you are entering the correct email address and password, and your account has not been suspended due to fraud or chargeback, please try the following:
1. Enable Cookies.
3. Clear existing cookies and cache.
4. Make sure the date/time on your computer is correct for your time zone.
5. If you are using Internet Explorer, set your security profile to Medium and enable "Override automatic cookie handling". (Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > Advanced)
6. If a customer is using Firefox, type "about:config" in the address bar. Set the "network.http.sendRefererHeader" value to 1.
6. Is the BitFang.com website secure? What security features are in place to safeguard my information?
Security is a top priority at BitFang.com. When a customer submits sensitive information via the website, the information is protected both online and offline.
When a registration/order form asks the consumer to enter sensitive information (such as your credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software currently available in the industry - SSL BitFang.com uses the most advanced form of SSL software available: 128-bit encryption by Trustwave.
1. Can I return the product if I am not happy with it?
No. Goods once sold cannot be returned or exchanged.
2. What kind of warranty do you offer?
All products are typically covered by the manufacturer's warranty unless otherwise stated. BitFang do not provide any warranty for the products.
3. Where do I send my faulty product?
During the warranty period you should contact the Service Centre of the manufacturer located nearest to you. In the absence of the same you may ship the product to BitFang at your cost and we will assist you by contacting the manufacturer and helping you to have the product replaced/repaired as per the manufacturer’s terms and conditions. As an esteemed and valued customer we will then have the product shipped to you at our cost.
4. How do I follow the progress of the repairs?
We keep you informed by email, and if necessary, you can of course contact us for further details.
1. Does BitFang.com offer any technical support or advice?
BitFang.com does not offer any technical assistance. Please contact the manufacturers for accurate answers to your technical questions and for insight on how different products work and interact together.
2. What will a consumer do if there is an installation problem? What kind of services will BitFang.com offer him and how?
We do not provide installation services. Any queries in regards to this, the customer service person can give them contact information of the manufacturer.
3. What information do I need to provide BitFang.com on calling the customer service department?
1. Sales Order Number
2. RMA number (when applicable)
3. E-mail address
4. Customer Contact Number
5. Invoice number if any
6. BitFang customer Id
You can call our customer care centre at the below mentioned number: